Friday, August 12, 2011

Apartment Neighbor Trouble

I am in an apartment, I think. But sometimes it feels like a big house.

I wake up and decide to go shower. I turn on a music machine (computer? It lists a disc or playlist I had forgotten I had made so I played that.) I like the songs so I want to find a way to keep the music playing as I shower. The shower is just around the corner.
So, I go to the door to the hall to close it. I hear a dog and i imagine it is in the kitchen (I see the kitchen in my mind's eye).
I close the door, but see there is a bending door behind it. Like an accordion door. What is behind THAT door? Another shower! But, why is there a shower here when there is already one in the back of the room>? This is just the shower, nothing else. The other shower is a full bathroom.
So, I go back to the big shower room and take a moment to listen to this song who's lyrics have caught my attention. It sounds like Emmylou Harris. The lyrics and simple beauty of the song stop me, and I remember who I made this playlist for. It was for a girl that was very special to me but apparently I wasn't special enough to her.

***

Now I am back in bed but in a different position. I feel like I am higher, like this room you get to with steps from the room before, and this bed is raised even more. There is a window by the bed. I hear quite the commotion outside. I try to part the blinds, but that doesn't work so raise them. I can look out he window, it looks like it is a few hours from dawn or dusk. I can see a hill with trees on it. The window looks painted with rain drops. But I can't see what I am hearing. I press my cheek to the window trying to crane my neck to see ... I can feel the coolness of the window stealing my heat away.
So, I raise the sash. At first it doesn't catch, so I try again and it catches this time. I still can't see but I can hear better. I hear people wondering and complaining against a neighbor. I hear a dog barking from being upset.
So, I raise the screen next, and now I can freely pop my head out into the air. I want to see and not be seen at the same time. I see a man, he's white and doughy. He is yanking a dog around with a leash, and the dog has had enough!
Suddenly I see the man struggling not only with a dog, but also a man in a uniform. A dark navy blue uniform with gold patches. A security guard ... a police officer? I can't be sure, but he is a big strong white guy. The neighbor is complaining against the dog and the Uniform at the same time. The uniform subdues the man and starts taking him away. He stops a moment to pat the dog. The dog stops barking and licks the Uniform's hand. A female neighbor (white as well, long hair, looks young like she is in her mid-20s, athletic) comes up and takes the dog. I do not know if it is her dog or if she is offering to keep it while the man is taken away.

The first thing I think of when I wake up is "Darn, I never did get that shower." lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment