Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Wrong Backpack

The Wrong Backpack

This was like a chain-dream. I don't clearly recall the intro, but I think I was in a car that kept getting slower and slower.

Then I am walking up hill. It is a grassy hill and a bright sunny day. I run into crowds of people. Which is fine. But now I am slowing down as I walk to my destination at the top of the hill, odd and getting frustrating.
I forget what they were doing. Discussing, some kind of play, things like that?
So, I FINALLY get to my destination, and it is a bunch of people sitting down. It is a class. So, I sit down with them. I think it started without me, but whatever I did my best I could to get here when I did.
Sometimes it feels like I am inside .... I never feel the ground.
A paperback book is being passed around, small, thin, can't be 100 pages? It has a darkly multicolored front. Maybe a painting of a group of people?
It is time to go. I look around for my backpack to put the book away and see what comes next. My backpack is forest green. I think I find it, and it seems like mine, but the zippers seem a little different. Open too far along the side. But I don't see any others near me.
I try to hurry this up because my two friends (both male, one tall like 6' 5"? The other my height or a tad shorter) have already gotten up and are talking with each other and so just assume I am right behind. So I rush through. I never did find out what I am to do next.
***
But as I am walking I lose track of them in a maze of hallways. Soon I see a tall thin younger fair headed guy, and I know he has my backpack. I try to get his attention via voice. I try waving my hand in his vision. I try tapping him on the shoulder. I FINALLY get his attention. I tell him I think we have the each other's backpacks.
He says something like "uh huh" totally nonchalant, and turns back around. This time I have to grab his shoulder to get his attention again! I have to be more firm. I am more insistent that we have to switch backpacks. He doesn't seem to get it, but finally we get the exchange made. That was aggravating. How can he be so cold? Does he not understand my emotions, I am making them very clear, just "milding" them with polite kindness is all.
OK, so I have my backpack now, and now ... what to do? I decide to look for my friends and for food. I go looking for my friends in a maze of hallways. Just finding them, just missing them again. I am feeling confused, overwhelmed.
The find me eventually. I tell them about the backpack debacle. They are upset with the dude and so they want me to describe him. I give a vague description. They want his name. I don't know his name. You didn't get his name, tsk tsk. Ugh, who cares!
So I leave my friends to just go get something to eat, get SOMETHING done. They aren't doing anything productive or fun. But ... where am I? Stupid maze hallways! But I get my bearings...(oh, as I was coming this way, I ran into a delivery person also trying to get up the stairs, but the stairs were full of stacks of boxes. We were both annoyed at this because ti slowed us down and why put a hazard on stairs!) So, I find the turn to those stairs but I end up in someone's room. A family is busy moving stuff around. Moving in, out, cleaning, something else? I apologize and go back out and in another door, but this door leads into the same place but the bathroom this time instead of the living room How odd that a room from the hall would go into the bathroom!
So, that is impolitely awkward. I talk to the family a bit.
But the rest is a blur. I think I make it outside. Or this was earlier in between stuff. But I start to walk in a crowd in day light to get to a nearby place to eat. My feet start hurting and I realize I am not wearing proper shoes for a long walk. But they will just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment