Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cinema Lobby To Outside Vending Machine

I am out with a female friend. It is not clear who she is. Sometimes she seems tall thin and blonde, but at other times just an inch or less taller than me not thin and dark hair. We seem close, but I don't think it's a date. We are comfortable with each other, but there is also a kind of distance between us.
We walk into this building. I am not sure what it is. But, it's busy here! Outside it is sunny and green and lots of shiny happy people walking around and lots of activity and smiles and laughter. Inside it's not so much, but it is still nice.
I keep catching pieces of the conversations of passers-by. They seem to be mostly talking about a musician, like one in an alternative band.
Johnny Goth was a name I think. Someone said they saw him without any makeup and in plain street clothes. Someone else said they saw him being put into an ambulance but all they saw was a large gash on his upper right thigh. They may have mentioned another name, but I forget.
My attention is also caught by a strange movie poster. It is for a movie called something like "Phantasmagoria". At first, I thought it is about the old scawi movie "Phantasm", but it isn't. It has the name on top, and underneath it has pictures/illustrations on the left and writing on the right. One I think is of a guy and a girl that look like they are from the 50's in a bowling alley. The people are in the foreground, and they are from a different time but seem familiar for some reason.

Then me and my friend go outside. It is like a rectangular area between buildings, shaded but with some sunlight poking through. It is mostly cement, but with some parts are grass. There is a bench there. It is metal and seems bolted into the ground. There might have been a bicycle rack as well, but I am not sure.
In front of the bench is a big and bulky looking vending machine. It was in the Coke colors of red and white. So, I wanted to get a drink for us. I have a lot of quarters in my hand.
I am shocked by the high price!
Still, I start putting quarters in. I drop some. I take longer than usual trying to find them and pick them up. They are silver and gold and some seem to shine in the available light. I feel like this frustrates my friend. So, I get agitated. I'm trying to find these quarters and it's gotten slower because I can feel her mood. Now I am worried because I think I heard the machine beep.
I am taking too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment