Friday, January 2, 2009

Con Artist @ Work?

I am in a workplace. I see a tall gorgeous blonde young woman (20-30) and we talk briefly and cordially. Feels like the air between us has cleared, but there's something else odd about her I cannot place so I just shrug my shoulders and get on with my day.
I in a "back" area like a dock. I am doing what my supervisor is telling me to do. No pressure. I forget what though.
Now I am outside by a truck/van. I am out there to do something (load or unload the van), but I am interrupted by a man who is asking me questions. I try to tell him I don't know even as I try to answer some of them. Finally he listens to me when i have been telling him to go see my supervisor. He acts annoyed that he has to go all the way inside. But, if you want answers, go to the source I think. So, I am nice and smile but his frustration affected me.
Now I am a slightly different situation. It feels as if Two plot threads are twisting around each other like a DNA double helix. Because this part still feels like it is in a workplace BUT it also feels like a social gathering/dinner party.

Later on I have reason to go into the young blonde's office. She isn't there, but two dark-haired middle-aged women are. Her desk faces away from the door and is to your right as you walk in. To her left and behind her is a filing cabinet. Diagonal in the opposite corner facing the door is another desk. That is her co-worker's (but I also get the word "husband") desk.
These women are asking me questions about blondie. They don't seem to know her name yet, and when I say it they nod at each other. This name is on their ALIAS list. They are investigating her as a kid of "con artist". Her hubby and co-worker is probably her accomplice but sometimes she keeps one person closer to her than others.
They tell me about her and ask me questions about her too. They are carefully investigating her desk, trying not to move anything or putting it back. I move one group of stuff. I was trying to be careful, but I am a tad clumsy at it. We try to get it to look like no one has been here.
They weren't 100% sure they had the right person. They also noticed that maybe she was tiring of this charade and wanted to quit/go legit.

***

I can't quite recall enough of the other scenes, but they were quick. Like one was standing at the top of a few carpeted stairs leading down and there are two lines one going to the left one to the right. I am in the left one, and a guy I know (reminds me of David Piepenburg, my best friend at college) is in the right. We converse a bit.

There is another scene that combines office with dinner party. And a few office-only related things.

No comments:

Post a Comment