Sunday, November 30, 2008

Meeting with Cafeteria Line



I had asked this girl to join me at this meeting, but she hasn't shown up yet. There are all these small tables set up and I got here early enough to pick the best one. But, for some reason it is not at the front, but it is in the very back right next to a now-empty cafeteria/buffet line set up.
This does not seem to be a normal meeting. More like a fun lecture, not school or seminar exactly, but something else, I don't really know.
I'm waiting for the woman, trying to occupy myself, but it isn't entirely working.
I feel alone, depressed, mostly.
Now she shows up. She is slightly taller than me and blonde and (younger than me maybe hard to tell if she wasn't she was mature for her age but didn't look it with her skin).
I light up when I see her and she smiles right back.
Now lots more people are coming in. So, we decide to go ahead and get in line for the food. It is a long metal heated sneeze-guarded table on wheels, two of them at least. I go in line and assume she is fight behind me. I say something for her to hear, but when I turn to see her reaction, she's not there.
*sigh* :( OK then.
I get a small white plate. I think I get a napkin/silverware bundle too. I start to go down the food line, looking for what I want to get for my first trip.
One dish catches my eye. It looks like a large oval pot pie like thing. It has just the tiniest scoop taken out of it on the middle of the side facing slightly diagonal but to the right. Since I am first in line and the food has only now appeared, I wonder how that one small piece got taken. Furthermore, there is no serving utensil next to it! So, I look for one and put one next to it.
But when I did that I lost my plate and my place in line, and suddenly there are even more people in line! I look for the plate I had even tho it was empty, so I could just get a new plate but at first I wanted the plate I had picked out, just to be tidy I guess. Why leave an empty plate sitting there? But I think someone else picked it up, so I got another, no big deal.
I wonder why there are only these small plates and not the regular size dinner plates. This is more for a small salad, did I miss the big plates?
I get to the deserts, and still my plate is empty. One pie in particular catches my eye. It is a chocolate cream one with whipped cream on top and chocolate syrup dripping in lines on top of that and it has an Oreo crust. I get myself a small slice of that and put it in my plate. I can't wait to get a bite! It looks so yummy!

But this happens when I've already woken up in real life and then was to tired ot get up so tried to go back to sleep, so when a dream continues after that I am half-suspect and try to separate it from the rest of the dream because often I get interpretations from the dream and I do not know if they are correct so I will often add in fantasies or depression so the dream changes track a little or a lot.

So here is the rest of it after I woke up and tried to reenter sleep:
Then the woman shows up behind me in line. But between her and I there is now a man. He is all gushing about me and says "so, are you the co-worker my fiancee talks about all the time? If she hadn't said yes to my proposal I'd be jealous of you right now, hahaha. Just don't become her secretary, OK? hahaha" He was so nice and congenial and good-natured and anti-jealous and nice and good-looking too that I just wanted to be struck by lightening right then and there. And to think I felt depressed before! I smiled and laughed at his jokes and took his outstretched hand to shake.
But I didn't want my dessert anymore.
And I didn't want to talk to them, to her, anymore.
And I didn't want to be there anymore.
But I knew later when he left and it was just her and I again I would want the desert again
and I would want her to talk to me and smile at me again
and I wouldn't mind being there

but that was wrong of me, and just plain ridiculous, so

***

INTERPRETATION:

So. If the second part was part of the dream, then it must mean my train-wreck of a dating life so far. EXCEPT THE PIE PART. That could be interpreted wrong. I suppose part of it could mean I just want to skip to the good stuff. One way to interpret that could mean sex. I guess, but I am not a pervert male chauvinist dog so I don't see women as only sexual objects so it isn't to be interpreted that way. But I am a Taurus and I do enjoy luxury.
So I think the desert more represents wanting to have the good stuff in general.
But it was a chocolate pie. Chocolate is full of endorphins which is like sex. So I don't think I can completely deny that in the dream I am sexually attracted to this woman and must feel that she is with me and I'm comfortable with that.
But chocolate is a good thing. It symbolizes self-reward. OH, maybe not such a good thing. I feel I must reward myself because others won't reward me. OH! Maybe it means I think I have to self-reward myself for two reasons with this girl: to feel like I won't burden her with my needing to be rewarded (could just mean praise or positive attention) or I don't think she can like me enough or I will disappoint her or she will disappoint me or something. So might as well just reward myself. Which is me cheating her of the opportunity to try to reward me. I tend to sabotage it when people do reward me because I'm so used to family friends and church doing that to me.
From Dreammoods I also get: "To see a tasty dessert in your dream, represents indulgence, celebration, reward, or temptation. You are enjoying the good things in life"
also this: To see a pie in your dream, symbolizes that there will be some reward for your hard work. It also indicates that perhaps you are reaching beyond your abilities. Alternatively, it may be a metaphor for getting your fair share, as in your "piece of the pie".
Which just fascinates me!
BECAUSE
in the dream I see two pies actually. and that is the only food I see when there could be lots more!
And they are BOTH PIES. There is the chocolate pie and before that is the pot-pie.
AND I noticed that a piece of the pie was missing and I didn't see anybody in front of me, so really that was my piece of the pie! I feel like someoen took my piece of the pie but further more that my piece of the pie wasn't there for me to take. It's not like I saw someone take it, it was just plain gone.

That is what I feel like, exactly. Like my piece of the pie is not there, it's missing, and I don't know what to do about it. But why did I then get a piece of chocolate pie on my plate? BECAUSE since I think my piece of the pie is gone (the good kind with almost all the food groups in it like veggies and meet and bread) I'll just move to self-rewarding instead with the chocolate dessert.

Well, crap! IF that is true, and it seems so, how do I go about fixing that? Was a solution in my dream? Was it there but I woke up too soon? Was it in the second part?

I didn't stop at realizing my piece of the pie was missing. I was aghast and wondering, but eventually I took action to get a serving spoon. None was provided. Instead of giving up or asking for help, I did it myself. I got it not only for me but for the rest of the line.
But then I found myself crowded away from that pie and I couldn't get back to it and I even had trouble getting back my empty plate, I don't even know if i got it back!

So, that tells me it's not entirely my fault and it's not like I'm not trying to fix the situation ... don't you think?

yeah that will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment