Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bad Bus; Good Car, Bad Road; Maze School

BAD BUS

I am in a bus. There are other passengers here. We are driving in a small town/between towns/rural place. The bus keeps taking us to places I do not want to be. I get out of the bus at one point just to be out of it. I end up in a school hallway. I cannot recall my locker combination. I am late for class! I try to make my way to the classroom. I want to be there!
(that is all that is clear to me)

GOOD CAR, BAD ROAD

I am driving in a similar place, but more like a city. No distinguishing landmarks, nothing familiar. I am having trouble getting to my destination! Cars keep cutting me off and honking at me! I am paying attention. I have space in front of me. I am going at a good speed not too fast, not too slow.
Now I get to a place I need to turn. I manage to get over in the correct turn lane. But it took so long! Nobody was letting me in! I finally have a gap left for me, but after I get over and wave "thank you" I just get a scowl and a blaring horn! Why? YOU let me in, what did I do wrong, why are you mad at me?
As is that is not bad enough, there is suddenly congestion. And NOW this is a bad lane to be in! There is a wreck or like ... big pieces on the road. A big concrete beam? And motor vehicles in a knot of an accident.
I manage to get back over to the right (I wanted to take a left turn, it has 2 left turn lanes, I needed to be in the farthest one over, so now I have to get over. BOTH turn lanes end up being blocked, but the place to turn is very close by now!)
I think I am clear now! I start to pull forward into this lane now, but all is dark. Are my eyes closed? I try to remain calm and "feel" where the next car is in front of me. I pull forward blind. Then I move forward just a LITTLE bit more.
I manage to make it OK. My eyes open finally.
***
I am not sure if this is part of the same dream, but if it is there is a jump or I forget what happened in-between. Anyway, I am driving and park. I end up in a building much like the school from before. It is same but different. There are a ton of people here all milling about.
This is similar, but a different layout from the last school. The entrance is practically the same, but the hallways are different. I go around a corner down a hallway and turn around to see stairs going up. There is a landing there. Parallel to the stairway hallway is another hallway on this floor (on the left). I feel if I want up those stairs I would hit the landing and in front of me would be stairs going down. I think that is all there is to it. No other ways or doors or stairs. All it does is ... it is like a bridge over water _^_
So I turn around and go through a maze of hallways and end up at lockers. They are tall and very thin and a very dark blue. They have vents on the top and bottom and seem very new and strong. There are small numbers in white, I am in the 30's or 300's. I am not sure which is mine, but it is somewhere here. I need a book from inside. But I cannot recall the combination! Does it have the numbers 30 and 31 in it? But it needs a third number, what is that .... 16?
I don't have time to mess with this, I'm running too late. I go through the halls. I thought I had my destination clear in my head, but it is all a maze and there are so many people sticking their foot out to trip me, or pushing other people in front of me, or trying to talk to me about some kind of nonsense.
I finally get to a "town square" like area. I mean a big square area with some rooms along the side. It has a central area that has stairs going down to a central square so the steps on all four sides make squares inside squares nested squares.
I have to be careful going down, because people sit on these stairs. They ignore the benches! They are making it unsafe. But I have to cut through the middle to get to my class room.
What class is it? I am not sure as I write this. Some kind of Liberal Arts/Humanities class. Social studies? History or psychology or something? I don't even know even though I DO know I am supposed to be there.
I manage to open the door and get inside. I get this bizarre feeling! At first it is relief! I DID IT I MADE IT I AM WHERE I AM SUPPOSED TO BE!
and yet .... soon after, I get this sense of dread. The room is different somehow.
I wake up as I turn around to try the door but it will not open.

No comments:

Post a Comment