Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Library of Destinies

I am with my family – Mom, Dad and brother. I walk through a living room to get to a far closet that is fairly spacious. I think it may have two doors to it, reaching the same room. Inside are a bunch of mainly young adult books.
I remember at work they are asking for children’s books (this is a fact in the waking world), and these seem to be in great condition! I wonder if they are too old for the intended targets.
I focus on a few of them. One seems to be ”featured”. It is very tall and wide, I cannot determine its thickness. It is the final book in a series.
I look for another series in this place. At first I think I am looking for “The Dark is Rising” series (fact in waking world) but I find another instead.
This series feels very familiar in the Dream World but upon waking I cannot place it. It starts out where fairly soon in the book, a wizard comes to a secluded village. He knows he has four potentials for a chosen one, but they must all participate in a test so he can be sure of which one is the true chosen one. Hs wants these four to go on a separate quest for him to find a super rare flower that only grows every 1,000 years. But the elder, who is also a father, is furious at the wizard. He has no time for silly games, this is the festival day that is used to celebrate the woman- and man -hood, and at the same time gather flowers that grow only every 100 years, which can in turn be used in the land for medicinal purposes not only to help the sick, but also as the one time when the village can get the most trade and coin. So he cannot spare even one young adult, let alone four, to this crazy old man’s reliance on a prophecy spoken so many generations before with no threat at all. The father gets very angry about it. The wizard is preparing himself to deal with this set back.
Something is wrong. So, I come out to see what it is. Something is very wrong and it is centering on my mother. She is very emotionally upset. My dad doesn’t know what to do and seems unable to get her to forget her problems; she will not listen to him any more. He later says to me incredulously and helplessly that he even saw her drawing a picture with her and her lover on a far away island.
Meanwhile, I had already sensed there was too much wrong here for me to fix or be able to deal with, so I was looking to leave.

I am in my room. Someone is helping me to pack and encouraging me to leave and helping me to decide things for myself. Someone older than me by a decade or more was giving me tips and stuff, very helpful. I was scared and unsure of what to do, but he was very helpful and at the same time did not feel manipulating like my father or an emotional train wreck like my mom. There was one item that was like a piece of clothing, but you could turn it inside out and it became a kind of duffle bag. I turned it both ways, ending with the bag version, and used that to pack.
It is near time for me to go to school or work (I forget which it is) and I want to sneak this packed bag into my car. Thank God I have a car, I think to myself. If anyone notices, they do not say anything … except my brother. He seems to realize I may be leaving and not returning home, he wonders if there is any way we could contact each other if we had to do so. I hesitate. I consider giving him code words and an alias name, and my cell phone number; but I am unsure if this is such a good idea. He seems to be under the power still of my father. I walk away from him but I do not think I gave him that information, but I could have.
Now I think I am back in the living room with the book closet, but it also seems like a different room. For one ting, there are rows and rows of bookshelves here. I find a female. She is gorgeous, kind, smart, like an angel! She says I need to sneak away now while my father is pre-occupied with trying to work out what to do with his wife breaking free of his control and making a scene in front of other people. I don’t know why, but I decide to step through (duck under) a bookshelf from one side to the other. It is like stepping through a portal! It is odd because at the same time the bookshelf teeters and topples over but ALSO topples but remains standing with no problems. I settle on the upright one and continue out of the room. This female has had me pack a few books and things in here that I am very excited about. As I leave the room, I turn and she is gone.
I panic. I am sad. I feel stupid for feeling desperate and let down. She did help me and that should be enough. I feel conflict. I wanted to impress her and I just wanted to be happy with her showing me things. I felt intimidated by her because she is so smart and psychic and able to see the truth better than I can. I need to settle down and concentrate on the tasks at hand. So I can get out of this place and free myself from oppression and then be able to gather my energies and use my gifts!
I wonder if she will be in the car, waiting for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment